If you’re going to be in Ketchikan for multiple days or your cruise ship has a longer port stay and you’d like a longer fishing excursion, my full day Ketchikan salmon fishing charters are right for you.
Full day charters are 8 hours long and provide a more custom experience and a lot more fishing! With a full day on the water, we have time to travel farther out and move around to different spots. Fishing is our primary goal, but some sightseeing is included along the way. Want to know questions to ask before booking a charter? Visit my FAQ page.
All Chasin’ Tail Charters are private, custom fishing excursions – your trip, your way.
Full Day Ketchikan Salmon Fishing Cost:
Full day charter = 8 hours
Cost is $450 per person.
Because my charters are private, there is a 4 person minimum cost.
Larger groups can be accommodated with multiple partner boats.
Full Day Ketchikan Salmon Fishing Includes:
- Pickup/Transfers: For Independent Travelers, we will meet at 7am at my boat docked in downtown Ketchikan. Most hotels have courtesy vans or are located right along the harbor. For cruise ship guests, my boat will be docked alongside your cruise ship and I’ll personally meet you at the dock for a super quick departure with no transfer time.
- Travel Time to Fishing Grounds: Travel time is 30-60 minutes.
- Everything You Need to Fish: Professional, high quality bait, tackle, lures, rods, and reels.
- Gear: Raingear is always available if you need it (it’s Ketchikan after all), but for your comfort I suggest you have your own.
- Snacks & Drinks: Light snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are provided. For hotel guests, most local hotels will make a lunch for your trip.
- Fishing Licenses (not included): Fishing licenses are not included in the cost and everyone 16 or older is required to have a current AK fishing license. You can get your license online here.
- Processing & Shipping (for an add’l fee): Your catch can be filleted, smoked, vacuum packed, frozen and shipped directly to your home for an extra processing and shipping fee. When planning your trip, I’ll provide detailed information about this option. Once it’s home with you, visit my Recipes page for some great ways to cook it up!
Prefer a half day charter? Visit the Half Day Ketchikan Salmon Fishing page.